Tales of Triumph 2017
- Artistri Sud’s Lifetime Achievement Award: Patricia Dyke
- Social Entrepreneur of the Year: Michael Harewood, Inhairitance
- Entrepreneur of the Year: Isabelle Huot, Kilo Solutions
- Artistri Sud’s Male Supporter of the Year: Marc Beaudet, Turbulent
Presenters: Debra Arbec and Donna Saker
Tales of Triumph 2016
On March 8, 2016, in honour of International Women’s Day, Artistri Sud hosted its annual fundraising gala at L’Atelier d’Argentine in Old Montreal. The event was attended by 120 members of Montreal’s business and professional community. Thank you to all who attended and contributed to the event and congratulations to the inspirational women who were nominated for our awards!
- Social Entrepreneur of the Year: Dr. Ella Amir, AMI – Quebec
- Entrepreneur of the Year: Cristina Mucciardi, CookandDate
- Artistri Sud’s Lifetime Achievement Award: Debbie Travis
Speaker: Debra Arbec
Mistress of Ceremonies: Donna Saker
Tales of Triumph 2015
Our fourth annual fundraiser took place on March 10, 2015 at the L’Atelier d’Argentine in Old Montreal. There, we presented our Entrepreneur of the Year and Social Entrepreneur of The Year awards to two deserving women. The money raised at the event will go directly to the expansion of our ASSET training program into Chile. We are truly grateful to all those who attended and contributed to the event, as well as the remarkable women who were nominated for our awards!
- Social Entrepreneur of the Year: Marisol Labrecque, ECOFIXE Industries
- Entrepreneur of the Year: Paulina Podgorska, SOSgarde.ca/SOSsitter.ca
Speaker: Anita Nowak, PhD
Mistress of Ceremonies: Sonali Karnick
Tales of Triumph 2014
Our third annual fundraiser took place on March 11, 2014 at the L’Atelier d’Argentine in Old Montreal. The money raised from this event is going directly towards the implementation of our one-year follow-up Coaching Program in Bolivia. We would like to sincerely thank all of those who attended and contributed to the event – its success is due to your dedication and support!
- Lamia Charlebois, Public Relations Consultant
- Carmen Lanza and Maria Liliana Madriz, co-founders of Cachitos bakery
Mistress of Ceremonies: Jennifer Campbell
Tales of Triumph 2013
Our popular fundraiser once again exceeded expectations on March 6, 2013, as three inspiring women shared their stories of empowerment with over 120 guests at Robin des Bois, a nonprofit restaurant whose profits go to local charities. Thanks to the generosity of guests and sponsors, fundraising targets were met, and it will now be possible to implement the learning program for women artisans in Bolivia. Barefoot Wines generously donated wine for this event.
- Judy Servay, founder and general manager of Robin des Bois
- Wanda Kaluzny, founder and conductor of the Montreal Chamber Orchestra
- Erica Diamond, writer, speaker, and creator of the award-winning website, womenonthefence.com
Mistress of Ceremonies: Christine Lalonde
Fiesta del Sur
Over 100 people joined us on November 20, 2012 to raise a glass and tango as part of Artistri Sud’s festive Fiesta del Sur fundraiser, aimed at raising funds to implement a training project in Bolivia. Christine Lalonde, who conducted the evaluation of the women’s needs in September, spoke about the importance of supporting these motivated women. The evening was held at L’Atelier d’Argentine in Montreal’s beautiful Old Port, and featured music and dance courtesy of Tango Social Club. The event supported women textile artisans who will be participating in a variety of workshops designed to help them create a sustainable livelihood from their handicrafts.
Tales of Triumph 2012
Artistri Sud commemorated International Women’s Day 2012 with an event celebrating inspirational women. Five women shared their experiences as leaders in their fields and individuals trying to bring about change. Over 100 engaged people had a great time at Montreal’s NEWTOWN restaurant, networking and helping to raise money for Artistri Sud’s projects in Bolivia.
- Maya Sardouk, leader of UN Women Canada, Quebec branch, and editor-in-chief of Montreal’s RSVP magazine
- Makai Aref, president & founder of the Afghan Women’s Association of Montreal
- Christine Lalonde, former Microfinance and Youth Entrepreneurship Program Advisor in Bolivia
- Effy Ligris, President of Kalikori Olive Oil
- Angela Caïcedo, project manager at CDRML, a co-op of immigrant women entrepreneurs
Mistress of Ceremonies: Losira Okelo
Treasures of Thailand
The exhibition Treasures of Thailand was a salute to the inventiveness and originality of Thai women artisans, designers and entrepreneurs. The exhibition featured selected objects handcrafted by innovative Thai women who adapted ancestral cultural techniques and materials to create thoroughly modern and relevant products. The entrepreneurial spirit of these inspiring women allowed them to create a sustainable income for themselves and their families.
The event was held at Artistri Atelier-Boutique for International Women’s Day, 2011.
Beyond the Silk Road
In celebration of International Women’s Day in 2010, Artistri Sud and Artistri Atelier-boutique presented the exhibition Beyond the Silk Road: Glimpses of Contemporary Textiles in Southeast Asia. It featured 14 contemporary interpretations of the art of silk weaving by Cambodian and Laotian craftswomen.
Suzanne Chabot, Director of the Museum of Costumes and Textiles of Quebec, was our honoured guest speaker who inaugurated the exhibition.