Join our Finance and Accounting Committee!
We are currently looking for an experienced Accounting Technician to join the Finance and Accounting Committee. The ideal candidate is familiar with the non-profit sector and is motivated by supporting efforts to empower women globally through entrepreneurship.
Tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Data entry, accounts reconciliation, accounts payable.
- Issue tax receipts to donors and checks to suppliers.
- Process payroll (1 or 2 summer employees)
- Produce financial statements and other reports.
- Compliance with federal and provincial requirements by studying requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field is an asset.
- 2+ years of experience with data entry, record keeping, preferably in the non-profit sector.
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks and Excel.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Goal-driven and good communication skills.
The commitment requires approximately 3-5 hours per week. The schedule is flexible. This position reports to the Accounting Supervisor.
Please note that this is an unpaid position and that applications will continue to be considered until the positions is filled.
Applications and a short expression of interest should be sent to email@example.com by April 27, 2018.
Comments are closed.